R. Kelly has canceled upcoming concerts scheduled as part of his After Party tour after denying allegations of running a sex cult.
The 50-year-old singer has scuttled two shows in Louisiana, one in Dallas and another in Los Angeles, according to a report Monday by TMZ.
Sources told the gossip site the concerts were canceled due to poor ticket sales.
The After Party tour was scheduled to continue as the Los Angeles concert was canceled due to a scheduling conflict, sources said.
The12 Play singer, real name Robert Sylvester Kelly, reportedly performed Friday in Virginia Beach in a barely half full venue.
'Yo, what’s up, y’all? This your boy Kelly, and I just wanna let all of my fans out there know that despite all of the crap y’all hearing, I will be coming to the East Coast to do my show,' he said in the tweet.
'And, believe me, y’all, it’s a bunch of crap. All right? So I hope to see y’all there. I love y’all,' the rapper added.
Buzzfeed reported earlier this month that Kelly was keeping multiple women hostage in a sex cult.
His alleged restrictions of their behavior included, in Buzzfeed's words: 'dictating what they eat, how they dress, when they bathe, when they sleep, and how they engage in sexual encounters that he records.'
The When A Woman Is Fed Up singer quickly denied the explosive allegations.
'Mr. Kelly unequivocally denies such accusations and will work diligently and forcibly to pursue his accusers and clear his name," his lawyer, Linda Mensch, said in a statement.